Now with added content

G'day all!

I feel like I've had a productive day.

Why?

I sat down and sewed the rest of my quilt top squares together, with sashing between them and sashing all round. 5 hours it took me to sew 5 more rows together, cut more sashing, sew more together, iron them along the way, cut more sashing and then sew sashing on all around the edge. And I think it was worth the effort.

rainbow_quilttop

Wouldn't you agree?

rainbow_quilttop_billow

I love it.

rainbow_quilttop_sunspots

I think it is the best one yet.

I giggled like an idiot when I hung it on the line and tried to take pics of it - it was a bit breezy today but at least the wind blew the clouds away. I am very happy with how it has turned out.

Alas, now I have to figure out a backing for it and then get down on my hands and knees (in the loungeroom, where I have plenty of space (!!! - the loungeroom only has a small amount of non-loungeroom stuff in it now, amazing, it's only taken me what 10 months since we moved back in....)) and bast the beggar so I can quilt it. And I'll have to work out a binding for it too. It is almost as wide as a queen size bed and a bit over a pillow width short of covering the whole bed.

I think I should use some left over quilt batting to make some knee pads for me. I think we have some of the really high density foam packing material in the garage too - that might be nice for some added cushioning!

I have plenty more to share with you, having pulled my finger out and edited pics, but slowly slowly! Can't use up all my pics and surprises too quickly...

anon!

Comments

  1. OMGCB that is the most fabulous thing!! I love all the colours on the white. Perfect that there are tiny white spots too.
    There is a dearth of floor space here too...

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks great! The colours are stunning. Are you going to had quilt it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic!!! I love it sooo much so bright and cheery! You're making me want to learn to sew!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely gorgeous. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely wonderful - so colorful and bright. You did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. very pretty. you are on a mission!

    ReplyDelete
  7. B....y amazing! Well done you. I'm very impressed. Only a beginner quilter here so have an inkling of how much hard work is on show there.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is gorgeous, so fresh and clean and cheery. Just what you need on your bed :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just beautiful.

    Try Bunnings for kneepads; tilers and landscape gardeners use them.

    I was going to type "kneed" them, but it's too early on a Monday for puns ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I enjoy getting comments but if I don't have your email address, I may not be able to reply 8-\

Popular posts from this blog

Your monthly blog post

Seattle Six

Competition time!