Thursday, June 04, 2009

New stash, oopsie!

G'day all!

I've been very naughty recently. Yarn has been *flinging* itself at me!

There was the Sonata prints from Elann I showed yesterday. How could I resist 10 balls of mercerized cotton for under $15?

Bobbin's Nest chimed in with three skeins, one of which is gone forever unless a miracle occurs, but the other two look like this skein of Merino 5:

stash_merino5
(This is such a cushy yarn! It is heavier weight, a sport weight or 5 ply in Oz nomenclature, and it knits up so well on a 3mm needle as sock stuff. Well so far - I haven't actually finished and worn said sock to see if it wears ok. It is merino so I can't expect it to wear like iron. And it is a little less mauvey/bluey and a bit more pink.)

Then this yarn from GPY apparently is The Latest Thing.

stash_schoppel
Schoppel Wolle.

It was lurid and it called me and I was helpless against its siren song.

stash_schoppelclose

(Possibly for socks for DH - he is appreciating his socks more now. Just as well too! I also have some duller yarn for socks for him. However my own sock yarn stash far exceeds the sock yarn for him. ;-D)

Then there is the fibre, but that is for another day! I must get to bed early tonight for tomorrow DH has a 9am meeting and he Does Not Do Mornings. Our only hope is to get to bed early and see if we can wake up early too!

anon!

3 comments:

  1. just to let you know Full Thread Ahead is having a MONDO sale because they are closing down their store. EVERYTHING is 30% off, and they still have some wonderful yarn up. They are switching to online only. I ended up scoring many hanks for a reaaaaaaalllly good price for the good quality I bought.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been looking for the rainbow coloured Schoppen Woll. Isn't it amazing?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I laughed when I read of the yarn's siren song!!!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting comments but if I don't have your email address, I may not be able to reply 8-\
I'm trying various commenting things so that I can reply to your comments within blogger itself.