Thursday, November 20, 2008

Reticule, reticula!

G'day all!

I have been working on these socks for a while. I finally finished them a bit over a week ago. I thought I'd get the pattern written up by now but nope! I am such a slacker.

fo_ret

I call them reticula (from the Latin for "net").

fo_ret_gusset

The yarn colour is what happens when I skein up a loooooooong skein to try out some new to me dyes. The yarn is Trekking Natura, and I am not totally sure that I love it, but that goes for most of the trekking yarns. The colours are great but the wool is a bit coarser than I can tolerate.

fo_ret_heel

Still it is a pair of socks! Hooray! I've started on the next pair - the Kroy I dyed up. Oh am I excited about this one! If I can repeat, vaguely, the same sort of dyeing on the next yarns I dye up, I will be over the moon! Then there is Icarus, still plugging along, the cardigan I've been commissioned to make, the Christmas socks and jumper for DH, the spinning I want to do, the shawl for my SiL, the red mitts for one of my sisters....

anon!

2 comments:

  1. Pretty pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Verry nice,I love the colour and the pattern is attention grabbing!!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting comments but if I don't have your email address, I may not be able to reply 8-\
I'm trying various commenting things so that I can reply to your comments within blogger itself.