Linkmania time!

G'day all!

I have LOTS of projects happening at the moment. There are two secret projects (one of which is not knitting!), I'm working on our "garden" such as it isn't (ivy and petty spurge infested), I have a jacket to finish knitting from last year - I nearly had it finished and then I realised that it was somewhat shorter than I wanted it to be (ie scraping my hip when I wanted it to be butt length) - still tidying up the place and finding places for everything, I bought some old tshirts at the Salvos yesterday to cut up into strips to make into rag rugs (prolly crocheted and can I just say that the local Salvos op/thrift shop is a flashback to the bad old days of op shops)....

So due to overwhelming projectitis, I give you

LINKMANIA!



Not only do echidnas hibernate but they use latrines!

Never thought of this one - smoking a joint is much more dangerous than smoking a cigarette! And it rots your gums (and I ain't talking trees or chewy here either). Makes me rather glad that I haven't indulged....

It seems that "cavemen" wore boots. They made us into the lily-livered, soft-footed things that we are today.

Times, they are a-changin', or at least the astronomical unit, the AU, looks like it will.

It seems that sexual selection has driven the differences in appearance between humans. I also remember reading somewhere that blond hair is between 6,000-10,000 years old. Why would it be an advantage? a) blonde women's hair darkens as they get old (ie less fertile) so bright blonde hair = bebies! Also b) cos it usually comes with blue eyes and blue eyes show the pupils, all the better to see if someone is interested in you and giving you smokey come-hither bedroom eyes!

Can anyone tell me why on earth I want to make a felted bird house? OK apart from my fave yarn shop in Fort Collins having a heap of them in their ornamental cherry....

And why do these two shrugs appeal?

Just to show that it is ages since I looked at New Scientist's home page, I just discovered the "Last Word" blog. Go knock yourselves out - it will keep me busy for a while to come!

On a totally different note, does anyone ever find that people are friending them on Ravelry when you've never heard of the person before? I think that it is people who read one's blog but don't comment, so they know about you but you don't know about them because you are not psychic. I am not particularly fussed about it or anything, just bemused. It is another way to meet people! LOL

Maybe I'll have some photos to share next time! I am such naughty, bad blogger! OK, here's a little tease. See if you can guess what it is.



anon!

Comments

  1. Are you weaving?


    You surely need a felted bird house for the felted birds that might want to fly by for the felted bird seed?

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL I thought the bag was very or is very ewenique! The shrugs lovely and the rest of the links are wonderful,Thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for mentioning the Ravelry dilemma. I've had two people add me as a friend, and I'm just not sure what to do. I don't want to be rude, so I sit and think, do I know them? And I visit their blogs and try to figure it out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous9:25 pm

    Hi Lynne:
    I've read your blog for a very long time. Since back when you first moved into your house in Melbourne. I think of you as a friend. I've friended you on Ravelry. I've also sent you a couple of comments.
    Annette

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I enjoy getting comments but if I don't have your email address, I may not be able to reply 8-\

Popular posts from this blog

Your monthly blog post

Competition time!

Not a good post to read