Heckuva weekend

G'day all!

Well that was one helluva weekend and I hope it isn't repeated EVER! I'm still fussing about the bushfires and we heard some bad news for a friend here. The weekend's events have really knocked us around.

No knitting news to speak of - I am halfway up the foot of the second sock, the beret is in the penultimate repeat I think, though maybe I should do more. I've been spinning like a demon - you should see one of the skeins! It is fan-*tastic*. Pity I didn't get any pics whilst it was light (and sunny! Cold but sunny today, showers/rain/showers expected for the rest of the week - oh please! More!).

Here's something I thought a bit odd. Last year the cherry-plums along the creek were in flower in late Feb/early March.

spring_hint
Here's one enthusiastic early starter just down the road from us

spring_whammy
and the wild almonds along the creek are really revving their engines.

Early spring for us or just extra enthusiasm after a mild, strike that, warm January?

anon!

Comments

  1. Spring seems to be a long time in coming for us.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I enjoy getting comments but if I don't have your email address, I may not be able to reply 8-\

Popular posts from this blog

Your monthly blog post

Competition time!

Not a good post to read