Mayday! Mayday! Awooga!

G'day all!

Well not such a good day for my bookmarks.

I am Bad Person. Despite all my Good Intentions, I leave my computer running overnight. It goes to sleep and I turn the (LCD) monitor off.

Last night, Something Went Wrong.

Firefox and/or X windows/window manager crashed and ATE ALL MY BOOKMARKS!

No bookmarks!

DH just spent most of an hour persuading Firefox to import bookmarks that are at least 6 months old. It's forgotten the rest of them. Since we've moved to California, I've developed a heap more really interesting blogs and websites to visit (am particularly fond of garden nurseries and native plants). All gone!

Alas my bookmarks!

It also ate all my cookies, so the things that I normally just breeze into now require thought and patience and the odd let me get a new password.

So if you don't hear from me and I usually swing past your blog on a fairly (ir)regular basis, give me a poke or a hoi (no koi please - we don't have pond and I am not giving up the bathtub/shower) and remind me that you exist! I'll be delighted to visit you again, my long lost friends :-)

BTW, we've been in California for 4 full months now - where does the time go? And to top it off nicely, today is the 3rd anniversary of my father's death. He was old, 87, and it was Time. You miss them but you can't call them back and given the choice?

anon!

Comments

  1. Oh no! I hate it when firefox does that! I hope you manage to find everyone (think I am on the list since I haven't known you that long) and everything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear oh dear!! just as well the two of you are great at fixing things!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous4:37 am

    Oh you poor thing. That's terrible, I hope it is all OK now!!
    My dad has been dead for over 20 years and sometimes I still see or hear something and think 'I must tell him that' and then I remember.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I enjoy getting comments but if I don't have your email address, I may not be able to reply 8-\

Popular posts from this blog

Your monthly blog post

Competition time!

Not a good post to read