Sunday, August 07, 2005

Rain rain go away

Come again another day.

G'day all!

Today's forecast said fine, 16 and late showers. So why oh why did I wake up to grey skies and drizzle? Possibly because I wanted to do a photo shoot and also fix up some more of the garden. Yesterday was such a nice day - Nathan got into one of the worst areas and started turning a weed and rose in pot bed into a raised bed. Yep, those are foam boxes - one of Nathan's favourite building materials, plus they can grow plants too!



It is very good that we are getting more rain but it was verra annoying too. You see I have finally finished something I've been working on for a while - a couple of months? I spent hours last night and this morning crocheting, undoing and redoing and undoing and redoing (four times on the right front) - yes I am now a happy (??) hooker. Couldn't figure out why crocheting wasn't grokking for me last year. Now I get it - I learnt how to crochet left handed, being a leftie, but was trying to do it right handed. Swapping over the instructions from right to left was easy enough. Plus using a 7mm hook - well how easy is that?

So no pics, though I am sure you can guess what it is, cos it is an it, not a pair.

The only time it stopped raining all day was when we went inside and then decided to go out to a local monstrous shopping centre (mall). It stopped raining then. When we got home and started work on the garden again, wellllll..... down it came again. Mostly on Nathan - I had set myself up under the carport, repotting some of my 50-odd roses. I've done 12 now, only umpteen to go!

Have a look at what I found in a little pot with William Shakespeare 2000 in it:

Yum! Desiree potatotes! Very nice ones too - no potato scab or anything! We ate them in dinner. Didn't know that roses grow potatoes!

Hokey kokey - time to work on my yarn page a bit more. I am being very slow, presumably because I have what an ex-boss of mine called Issues (tm - note it has a capital i and has that little extra stress on *Ish*-shoos). What if people like it and want more but I can't provide? What if they DON'T like it and I have all this stuff that I won't be able to use in the next however long? What about postage - the local post office has queues almost literally out the door at lunchtime and you can be queued up for an easy half hour and I hate spending my lunchbreak in the post office, but the Pack and Send downstairs never has queues but costs $2-3 more and tends to be slower. Fuss fuss fuss - stop fussing woman and just DO IT!

anon!

3 comments:

  1. How is it possible that people will not like your handspun! Look at it from the perspective that you're doing this as an extension of your hobby/obsession (delete as appropriate :-), and you can only produce x amount of yarn at any one time. Make it very clear on the site it's limited quantities cos' hey it's only you making it, not an army :-) Enjoy what you're doing and don't worry about it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haven't you heard of tuberous roses?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous7:36 pm

    I'm sure people will love your yarn - I think it all looks gorgeous. As for the postage drama - why not use pre-paid satchels. They come in two sizes/prices, are pretty cheap, you can buy them in bulk and just drop them in a post box at your convenience.
    Jill.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting comments but if I don't have your email address, I may not be able to reply 8-\
I'm trying various commenting things so that I can reply to your comments within blogger itself.