Winnah! And an FO

G'day all!

In our first prize draw of the wotisit series, we have a winner! Minnie, come on down! Tell me what sort of colours you prefer and I shall dig in my stitchmarkers (never put up on Etsy) and send them off to you! (Oh an address would be handy too - email isn't good at sending lumpy or even very flat things!)

In other news, I finished the top for my LYS.

fo_mt_front

I would give you the yarn details but all I know is that it is worsted weight cotton in a colourway hand-dyed for my LYS. I think I used just under 5 skeins but am not sure cos the yarn came unlabelled and I didn't take any notice. It may be just under four skeins. I think I used a 5mm needle.

fo_mt_sidefront

The pattern is by Lorna Miser. It is linked on Ravelry here.

fo_mt_back

I've as usual got too many pics.

fo_mt_sidedetail

The picking up of stitches along the side and for the sleeves was a pita, quite frankly. The method of increasing on the sides (kf&b) leaves a little bar (This is still one of my favourite increases still). This little bar is inevitably a different colour to the stitches around it and to the yarn picking up stitches. It makes things a bit annoying due to changing where the stitches have to be picked up.

fo_mt_where1
The needle is pointing to where the next stitch will be picked up.

fo_mt_where2
The cable of the needle is "pointing" to where the stitch will be picked up, below the bar.

Anyway, time to go to knitting meetup.

anon!

Comments

Post a Comment

I enjoy getting comments but if I don't have your email address, I may not be able to reply 8-\

Popular posts from this blog

Your monthly blog post

Competition time!

Not a good post to read