Meret - Three in a row

G'day all!

Last Friday I decided that I needed a beret to wear, a nice slouchy beret, dare I say it a fashionable beret.

I dug around in the stash, looking for my lovely skein heathered icy blue Stonehedge Fiber Mill Shepherd's wool. I got pretty cranky cos it was not where it should've been, but calm was restored when I found it in the Wrong Box.

I had also been looking around at patterns and had had Woolly Wormhead's Mystery Beret (Meret) on my list of funky things to make. (Not necessarily in my Ravelry queue though, LOL.)

This was a fun knit, though I did finish it once, put it on and decide that for my boofhead I needed some extra boof. I did four repeats of the pattern. Blocking it was not easy as it is much bigger than a dinner plate (see boofhead above). The yarn is absolutely a delight to knit with. I had bought it to make a little baby something out of but it is not machine washable = disaster for a mum with two little girls and a new baby. It is soft and bouncy and shows stitch definition quite well. I have no idea how well it will wear, but given I tend not to rub my head against much, I don't see that as being a problem. I am very tempted to go back to Purlescence and get me another skein so's I can make fingerless mitts, and some in pink too so I have matchy matchy for my weather- resistant coat....

Oh, you want to see it in all its glory?

fo_meret_top
(yarn colour is a bit more turquoise than in the pics)

fo_meret_under
(the underside is interesting too!)

And even a shot with me wearing it!
fo_meret
(Scuse the skanky hair - it was still wet.)

So far this week, I've posted three FOs. But the fun doesn't stop there - I have TWO MORE to go! Stay tuned.

anon!

Comments

  1. This is really cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bee-yoo-teee-ous beret, Lynne, and the yarn is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely meret - looks great on you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I enjoy getting comments but if I don't have your email address, I may not be able to reply 8-\

Popular posts from this blog

Your monthly blog post

Competition time!

Seattle Six