I was naughty a little while ago.
Here is evidence of naughtiness.
The first two pictured I want to play against each other but really the thought of doing a whole 1X1 rib for The Scarf on size 2 US needles seems a little MAD! So I might make some mittens or something instead. The rainbow ones will become socks, as their manufacturer intended.
I had no idea what to expect from the yarn itself. I just went WANT! and bought two days later. It is soft but has some wiry hairs in it. It is also a single - will be interesting to see how it will wear!
I have almost finished this month's socks, hooray! In another 1.5 hours they will be done! It is good to finish stuff. And I finished the gift scarf but still don't have pics. After weeks of sun, we now have days of gray, and getting good shots of a grey scarf on a grey day....
I've been a member of the Rockin' Sock Club since its inception. This year, despite all the big name designers, I didn't cough up the lolly for it. I figure someone else can have a go, plus I have PLENTY of sock club yarn that has not been knitted up, along with a heap of other sock yarn (eg see above).
So when I came across a post on Knitter's Review about a DIY sock club, I thought what a great idea! (I would like to thank the person who thought of this but I can't figure out who it was.)
Grab your sock yarn stash (ok, it's not stash). Match up 12 skeins with 12 patterns. Put each lot of yarn with its pattern into a plain paper bag and staple or tape it shut. Shuffle the bags around so's you don't know what bag has what in it. Take a bag each month and knit up the socks.
Brilliant! My own sock yarn club, and I am guaranteed to like the colours! LOL Except I need to knit DH's Valentine socks next and then there is the STR Leyburn thing on Ravelry that I am still considering.
And for those who can't get enough memes, or me mes, I give you an Aussie themed version of one that has done the rounds. I got it from Alison, of MachenMachen. Bold the things you have done.
1. Started your own blog.
2. Slept under the stars.
3. Played in a band.
4. Visited The Great Barrier Reef.
5. Stood under the stars in the outback, the real outback – think Uluru.
6. Given more than you can afford to charity.
7. Been to the Gold Coast’s theme parks – anyone, you take your pick.
8. Climbed a mountain.
9. Held a praying mantis.
10. Sung a solo.
11. Bungee jumped, jumped out of plane, been paragliding or hang-gliding, hot air ballooning – you get the idea, you’ve been hundreds of metres about earth in a seemingly flimsy contraption.
12. Visited Melbourne. Ah, it is my usual home. So no, I haven't visited.
13. Watched a lightning storm at sea.
14. Taught yourself an art from scratch.
15. Had a child. Raised a child. Worked with children.
16. Had food poisoning.
17. Been to the Snowy Mountains.
18. Grown your own vegetables.
19. Visited the Brett Whitely studio in Surry Hills, Sydney.
20. Slept on an overnight train or bus.
21. Had a pillow fight.
22. Been backpacking.
23. Taken a mental health day.
24. Been buried in sand with just your head and toes sticking out.
25. Held a possum, kangaroo or koala – or any other native Australian animal.
26. Gone skinny dipping.
27. Been in a fun run.
28. Been on the Blue Mountain cableway.
29. Seen a total eclipse.
30. Watched a sunrise or sunset. (heelo1 You'd have to be blind, literally, to have never done that!)
31. Played, or watched, cricket.
32. Sailed, kayaked or canoed our beautiful waterways.
33. Seen the Daintree.
34. Visited the birthplace of your ancestors.(as long as you count grandparents, not great/etc)
35. Visited an Aboriginal settlement or mission.
36. Learned a new language.
37. Had enough money to be truly satisfied.
38. Toured the Sydney Opera House.
39. Tried rock climbing (indoor or outdoor), abseiling or just simple bush walking. (all)
40. Visit Queensland’s Gallery of Modern Art.
41. Been to the Tamworth Country Music Festival.
42. Sunbaked at Bondi.
43. Bought a stranger a meal at a restaurant.
44. Visited Broome.
45. Walked on a beach by moonlight.
46. Been transported in an ambulance.
47. Had your portrait painted.
48. Gone fishing.
49. Seen Tasmania’s old growth forests.
50. Been to the top of Q1, on the Gold Coast.
51. Gone scuba diving or snorkelling.
52. Kissed in the rain.
53. Played in the mud.
54. Gone to a drive-in theatre.
55. Been in a movie.
56. Driven the Great Ocean Road.
57. Started a business.
58. Taken a martial arts class.
59. Visited Norfolk Island.
60. Served at a soup kitchen.
61. Sold Girl Guide biscuits.
62. Gone whale watching.
63. Got flowers for no reason.
64. Donated blood, platelets or plasma.
65. Gone jet boating.
66. Visited Port Arthur.
67. Bounced a cheque.
68. Flown in a helicopter.
69. Saved a favourite childhood toy.
70. Visited the Australian War Memorial.
71. Eaten Caviar.
72. Pieced a quilt.
73. Stood in Federation Square.
74. Been on the Murray River.
75. Been fired from a job.
76. Travelled, or climbed, over the Sydney Harbour Bridge. (I don't count driving)
77. Broken a bone.
78. Been on a speeding motorcycle
79. Seen the Three Sisters at Echo Point, Katoomba.
80. Published a book.
81. Visited St Mary’s Cathedral, in Sydney.
82. Bought a brand new car.
83. Been to Hermannsburg.
84. Had your picture in the newspaper.
85. Read the entire Bible.
86. Visited Parliament House.
87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating.
88. Had chickenpox.
89. Saved someone’s life.
90. Sat on a jury.
91. Met someone famous.
92. Joined a book club.
93. Lost a loved one.
94. Saved a pet.
95. Been to the site of the Eureka Stockade.
96. Swum in The Whitsundays.
97. Been involved in a lawsuit.
98. Owned a mobile phone.
99. Been stung by a bee.
100. Read an entire book in one day.
OK, that should do for the nonce.