On Friday I finally finished Icarus! I started waaay back in umm 2006 in about September or so. It was lovely but I hadn't quite grokked charts and some weird counting problem had me put it down. Then the Christmas rush hit and we moved and yadda yadda yadda.
Yesterday I blocked my little Icarus (3 fewer repeats of the ladder pattern cos I was worried about having enough yarn - HA! I used a little over 50% of the yarns I had!)
I chose a road less travelled and used two colours. I didn't have enough of any one colour to complete it so I did the lacy part in plain blue.
(not quite colour accurate - the blue is a cornflower blue)
(the obligatory draped on the broccoli pic, again not accurate colour - too intense)
I chose to bead every second point with these weird rectangular things - the other points just got some little seed beads.
I am very pleased with it - it was my first real lace project. It has taken long enough to complete! The yarn is from Marta's Yarn (now the Thread Room) in Melbourne, Oz.
Now I have to make a decision about mystery stole 4. It just is not doing it for me. Dunno if it is the yarn (my own charcoal merino handspun) or the pattern or what but I am thinking I'll frog it and use the yarn for something else. Like a small hemlock - I have about 900m of fingering to sportweight yarn...