More birthday yarn pr0n

G'day all!

I said I went a bit ballistic last weekend, and here's the rest of the proof.


Two skeins of Claudia's Handpainted, the same two skeins that I eyeballed way back in March. They waited for me. Isn't that sweet?






Two skeins of Shibui Knits in an eyewatering bright colourway. The lady at Woolen Treasures joked with me about how bright they are - we agreed that they would be visible from half a mile away on a dark night. She likes them too.






I can't get a representative colour of the Crystal Palace Yarns Merino 5, but the lovely Sheri at Loopy Ewe has a BONZA pic! The colours look about right on my screen - it is a lovely two tone violet colour with leafy green in it. The yarn is squishy and very soft. Mmmmm. It is a new release, which would be why I've never seen it before. I had to bring two skeins of it home with me, even if they are not enough for decent size socks, they will still make great handwarmers or gloves or mittens or something.



One lonesome skein of Karaoke, just cos I want to play with it. I guess it is enough to make a teensy bag out of.


So much yarn so little time!

I must download more pics - I have more prezzies! These are real prezzies, ones that someone else sent me without my knowledge. :-) Much more fun than stuff I buy myself...

In other news, Nathan's job disappeared on Thursday. He had to give back the laptop he had been told was his - it wasn't. On Wednesday we had to do an emergency run to Best Buy and Circuit City to find a new computer. We spent more on the monitor than we did on the computer, which isn't saying that much cos the computer was old stock and cheap. Hopefully the monitor will last longer than the computer. So it means I have a Nathan underfoot. He has to finish his thesis ASAP too because of all the new lot of stuffing around with visas and travel and stuff.

BTW, we are going to buy Amtrak passes for the east. We have to be just outside the Twin Cities, MN, for Thanksgiving, and Washington DC for next weekend. We have to return to Denver by the 30th as our tickets expire that day. So if you happen to be within coo-ee of those areas and we can get to you/near you by Amtrak, let me know.

Comments

  1. i think there's an amtrak station in omaha. are you coming back this way?

    ReplyDelete
  2. there is, there is! if you work it right, i could even take you to my fav LYS here!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I enjoy getting comments but if I don't have your email address, I may not be able to reply 8-\

Popular posts from this blog

Your monthly blog post

Competition time!

Not a good post to read