Friday, January 21, 2005

Remember this?

G'day all!

Let's start with some very important news. Here is my husband's new blog: Nathan's blog. Go read it, be gobsmacked by what nathan gets up to when he should be writing his PhD up. And leave him a comment cos he is feeling all left out and lonely cos noone is commenting on his blog. I know how he feels!

Does anyone remember that I am a member of the Yarnharlot's thrum-along?

Well I am.

Here is the first mitten, without a thumb. This is the third go at making a very simple mitten. It does help when you use the correct size needles.... I could not figure out why it was sooooo small on the first go.

thumbless blue thrummed mitten

You will note that whilst the patterns say put a thrum in every third stitch, I have put one in every fourth stitch.

D'OH

And my hand is much too big for the mitten - this is a ladies size and whilst I like to call myself a lady, on occasion, I certainly do not have lady-size hands.

Oh well, someone will get a less well thrummed mitten! They are not much use to me here in Oz cos let's face it, the coldest it has ever been where I live is about -5C and that occurs about once in 10 years. I am contemplating sending them to Stephanie to see if she can give them to someone who needs half-thrummed mittens.

Anyway, we have to move stuff around so we can sand the floor in the study study.

anon!

1 comment:

  1. I've been wondering how the thrum mittens ended up, which pattern did you use to make yours? I saw these on Yarn Harlot and was intrigued, so I was absolutely thrilled to find an Austrlian knitting a pair. I'm a bit confused about the "thrums" what exactly do you make them of?

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy getting comments but if I don't have your email address, I may not be able to reply 8-\
I'm trying various commenting things so that I can reply to your comments within blogger itself.