I'm glad I'm not a hunstman

G'day all!

My goodness, what a week it has been here in the Modest Manor.

Panics due to finances, panics running around trying to find work, panics in general.

So why am I glad I am not a huntsman (spider, that is - the lovely big ones we have that run around the walls and eat boogelly insects)? Well I am especially glad that I am not the huntsman that took up residence on the toilet wall last night. Y'see, both DH and I have eaten something that disagreed with us and gosh, didn't we fumigate the place! It is quite obvious that spiders have different olfactory systems to humans cos if they didn't, the poor thing would be shrivelled up in a corner somewhere or would've run away waving its palps and trying to cover its nose equivalent.

I spent the morning in bed after being up until 5am! (Me! Not able to sleep!) I still feel like something is stuck in my craw. I read two books and snoozed. Two whole books. OK, they were only simple things but I needed something not exactly brain frying to read. This afternoon has involved plying some wool and trying to edit photos, only my brain is not exactly happy.

DH in the meantime decided to start work on renovating the shower area. Can anyone say d r y r o t? Crap. Hmm, maybe I need to find another expletive ;-) I should document it on a Modest Manor's blog.

So I will get some pics soon to show you what I have been up to, but not right now. Right now involves 10 minute bursts of normality, followed by 15 minute bursts of oh I cannot be bothered doing anything - nap time now? If I have left any nonsensical posts on anyone's blog, please excuse me - when it is 3am and you are not feeling the best, you tend to make very little sense indeed 8-)

anon!

Comments

  1. Oh Dear you haven't had a great weekend!!!
    If you have any wool left by wednesday(H's pay day) I might pull by for a wee little shop,does that make you feel better?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous3:07 am

    Hope you feel better.

    I got a kick out of the poor huntsman potentially shriveled. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I am so sorry to hear that. Food poisoning? (Since you both got it). Hope it passes soon - it is the worst. I know how those tummy troubles can be, as you well know. BTW, going to another doc soon at a place called "Alliance Digestive Disorders Center". All very serious. Going to get a full exam, mostly to ensure it is nothing more serious than FMS-related IBS and other GI ickiness that is idiopathic in fibromites. We'll see :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I enjoy getting comments but if I don't have your email address, I may not be able to reply 8-\

Popular posts from this blog

Your monthly blog post

Competition time!

Seattle Six