Some mental notes

G'day all!

Today's mental notes:

  1. Knit socks on 2.5mm needles - they seem to work out better. Certainly neater fitting.
  2. Knitting socks on 2.5mm needles seemingly takes forever.
  3. Knitting socks for largeish husband's feet definately takes forever.
  4. Frogging socks knitted on 3mm needles makes surprisingly small balls of yarn.
  5. Do not set up a BBQ on top of a wooden desk on some cardboard. Especially on the wooden verandah of a wooden house.*
  6. Change the kitty litter that sops up the drips from the BBQ before they catch on fire.
  7. Don't put the burning BBQ down in the driveway where your housemate can drive in and hit it. Car 1, BBQ 0.
  8. Don't expect said housemate to decide she wants the desk after a great big char mark has been put on the desktop.

*yes, my husband and his mechanical engineer mate DID this. Don't ask me why. They thought it was great. Don't mind me, I'm just a girl, what would I know about the likely outcome of flammable materials and BBQs?

Here's what my new sock looked like:
big hot sock

Here's what a sock looks like after it has been frogged and hand wound into a centre-pull ball:
little not sock

Here's what the new sock knitted on 2.5mm needles looks like:
(yummo!)
lonely new sock

Here's what the new sock for BBQ-brained husband looks like at this stage:
porcupine of needles

It is a porcupine of needles but the yarn (search it for Patonyle) is really soft. I have no idea how well it will wear, but it is definately meant to be sock wool, with 20% nylon to toughen it up. At present, since it is only the tip of a sock, I think it looks a bit obscene somehow, like it is an item of intimate men's clothing, only a bit shorter than most men would admit to....

I hope you liked the flannelette sheets and pollowcase that don't match each other or the body pillow case. I thought it added a certain je ne sais quoi to the whole image.

Finally, here is your rose for the day, one of my very favourites. I give you David Austin's Graham Thomas:
20 buds and flowers of Graham Thomas


anon!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Your monthly blog post

Competition time!

Not a good post to read