I think there were storms in Sydney too so you were well and truly stymied! G tried to fly to Mildura yesterday morning and had to wait some hours for the plane to arrive FROM Mildura before it could go back again, because of storms.
We had a big thunder and lightning and rain storm this week, and one last week. Our area is prone to them. I expect, well I am 100% sure, you are home by now!!! I am all behind in my blog reading.
G'day all! This time last year, we were bemused and confused. Our grand trip across Canada had ended and we had just flown in to SJ airport. We have been in California for a year and a day (it's a leap year). 366 days in California. How has it been? All over the shop like a madwoman's you-know-what! You can read more about it on my other blog. I have now lived in three different places in my life. By that I mean I've had an address for mail and stuff, a place where I live rather than stay for a little while. Those places are Melbourne (Oz), Fort Collins (Colo) and Campbell (Calif). In their own ways, each has been special. Fort Collins will be a place I'll always remember, and possibly the memories will be better because we didn't spend a winter there ;-) In honour of this great occasion, I announce a contest! In the comments, tell me two places you have lived (one place if you have always lived there!) and a place where you would love to live (and why yo...
G'day all! Because I am feeling generous at the moment, having given myself a nice dose of mercury (very therapeutic as long as you are Victorian or earlier, doncha know!) and also having developed a grand-niece, I reckon it is time for a competition. What do you need to do? One of two things (or both if you want!). Tell me: about a time you mishandled dangerous chemicals and/or compounds, eg when you played with a mercury switch and blew it up, causing mercury vapour to cover the whole area (including your lungs and skin...) or what I should do to appear more like a great aunt? (Eg how should I dress, what embarrassing habits should I adopt) (Don't say get wrinkly - I am working on that all by myself! LOL) Prizes are your choice of anything up to 100g of yarn not yet sold from my website or if there is something specific you particularly want that is sold I can see if I can dye some more up or do a custom dye job. Competition closes Friday May 11 10PM EST Oz time. That mea...
G'day all! Holy cow, it is my third blogiversary ! Wow, time flies when you are having fun :-) And boy has the blogosphere changed since I started blogging - there are so many people to meet out there these days. This means it is time for a competition! Leave a comment telling me about why you started blogging (and your blog and ravelry names if I don't already know you) by midnight on the 24th of August (wherever you live) and I'll put you in the draw for something nice :-) How about some self-patterning sock yarn in purple, burgundy and a hint of olive? (I dyed it myself :-) There's enough for a plainish pair of socks for up to size 11 feet. It looks something between these two samples - these colours are really hard to capture accurately. Or Aussies can choose 100g of yarn from my Yarnivorous yarns website . Yep those yarns are still for sale and I have to put some more up now that I have found the pics I took over two months ago. Hooray for finding pics! S...
I think there were storms in Sydney too so you were well and truly stymied! G tried to fly to Mildura yesterday morning and had to wait some hours for the plane to arrive FROM Mildura before it could go back again, because of storms.
ReplyDeleteWe had a big thunder and lightning and rain storm this week, and one last week. Our area is prone to them. I expect, well I am 100% sure, you are home by now!!! I am all behind in my blog reading.
ReplyDelete