Toddling onwards

G'day all!

Just a quickie - I am being a very bad blogger. But I have been blogging for over seven years now. My 7th blogiversary was 10 days ago, and I totally forgot all about it, like I do every year!

I have a pair of socks to show off, if I ever remember to get pics of the finished items. I finished DH's Tardis socks in time for his birthday, though I did not put the police box words on them as I need a much lighter weight thread for that - the sock yarn was too heavyweight.

110827_sunset

We had a most excellent party at one of our favourite restaurants here (Haiphong Harbour I think it is). 24 of Nathan's closest friends up here in Sydney. I had a lovely time crapping on (aka talking to people). Nathan made various of us get up and move around the room, reshuffling the deck to get people to talk to different people. At first I started off talking to people that I know reasonably well, and then moved to other people only two of whom I had talked to before, though that turned out well too and we had a lovely discussion about how nerves work and umm how reflexes work, especially in absence of input from the brain. I can only think of one reflex that does not use skeletal muscles (hmm, I may have just thought of another...) and neither of them are ones that we talk about in polite society. I rather offended one member (ahem) of the party, though I apologised, but the other two I was talking to were amused by my delicate terminology.

rabbit_shark

For some reason along the way, I doodled a fish that turned into a rabbit shark. Be afraid, be very afraid.... Imagine a shark that can jump like a bunny and breed like one too. (Could it jump the shark? Dunno!)

I made two yummy GF and DF cakes, and I would like to say that I very much regret polishing the remains off over the next couple of days, but umm, I don't regret it at all and would keep on eating them if any was left. Not that I am greedy or anything. I may have to make another orange and almond cake as the first one was so yummy and I still have half a bag of almond meal left and it will go off doncha know 8-) Plus one friend had a dodgy gut that evening and had to go home and missed out on the cake. Plus another friend got caught up and couldn't make it to the party.

DH wanted to go to IKEA on Sunday (!!!) and we ended up managing to get one of these into the car along with a 195cm (6'5") DH and a 200cm (6'7") friend. If you saw the size of my car, you might be impressed. (It is a five door version of the Geo Metro for my US readers.) And the 2m tall guy said "Oh, there's more room than I expected." Which isn't to say it was comfortable but if it had been my previous car he would've had to have chopped his legs off to get in the back of the car....

110828_sunsetframe

In more interesting news, we are booked to fly to the US on the 13th of September. 13-16 in NYC. 17-18 in Pennsylvania. 19-29 in Mountain View, CA.

I'd better start emailing a few of you, yes? It will be marvellous to catch up, though I still haven't booked our internal flights around the US (not for want of trying but more because DH is stalling on that part...).

110829_sunset

I've been taking a picture (or several hundred) of sunsets from Glebe Point over the last while. Every evening I am here in Sydney, I am taking pics if the sunset is any good. There's been a couple of doozies recently. I've been fascinated by the sun's progression along the horizon as the days lengthen.

Anyway, more another time, like pics of the socks!

anon!

Comments

  1. I'm excited to see your Tardis socks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous3:26 pm

    ooh, ooh ... book us for Mtn View (-: Will have to get the house cleaned up for you, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That cake was meant for you, the Universe has declared it!!! We try to move about at social gatherings too, Nathan had a good idea there!!
    Beautiful pictures, lovely skies. Hooray for a trip to the USA!! I know how excited you are!! TARDIS socks?? Yes, we need pictures!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I enjoy getting comments but if I don't have your email address, I may not be able to reply 8-\

Popular posts from this blog

Your monthly blog post

Competition time!

Not a good post to read