New Year, new dreams

G'day all!

Who can believe that it is 2016 already?

Anyone?  Bueller?


Hooray, cast off the last FO for 2015 with 2 minutes to go!

How did it get to be 2016?  What happened to all the years previous?  How did they flit away so quickly?


Last sunset of 2015


Welcome, 2016.  I expect you'll be a pretty interesting year - if nothing else, I expect to reach a fairly momentous birthday.  I also wonder how on earth that happened and how things can be 20 and 30 years ago and I was an adult (of sorts) then....

Gorgeous yarn.  So pretty.

I have to say that 2015 ended beautifully - after a month where we had the second-highest rainfall ever and one of the most rainy months (aka days with measurable rain) ever, the last few days were superb.  Frosts overnight and then gloriously sunny days.

Last sunrise of 2015
 I even crawled out of bed early enough to catch sunrise at one of my favourite beauty spots.  Okay, so local sunrise is after 8am, but I'm a bit of a night owl and getting up at 7:45 was an effort!


Regrowth wilds at Fort Lawton/Discovery Park

Many people start the New Year with resolutions, but I've found resolutions are made to be broken.  Instead, I think a wish/want list is much more my style.

This year, I want to:

  • figure out what the hell I'm good at and what I should be doing with my life
  • go for a very long drive, probably to Yellowstone (please no forest fires this year, m'kay?)
  • go home for my birthday - we've been away nearly four years exactly now and I miss my home and want to take many many pictures of it
  • contribute something to society, something to volunteer at I guess, find some way to make a difference
  • go for more walks and see more sights, like we only just discovered Fort Lawton.  It is only a couple of miles away as the crow flies, but is a good 15 minutes by car and a solid 40 minute walk
  • blog a bit more
  • cut down the plum tree and replace it with either a shed or more fruit trees
  • get rid of the hedges.  I care not for them and they take up a huge amount of space, though the little whitter birds love them.  Little whitter birds would love fruit trees too
  • develop my photography further and get some pics onto places where they can be sold.



A wonky view over Fort Lawton to the Olympics

I need to organise myself a new passport and then do the visa stuff that will need to be done.  I need to make a quilt each for two friends.  There'll be a hundred, a thousand little things that need to be done but they can only be dealt with as they arise.

One of the few decent sunsets in December

Of course amongst this will be knitting and quilting and gardening and various other things.

I really really like this star

What are you planning to do this year?  What do you need to do?

An FO - Christmas socks for DH
anon!

Comments

  1. Yes, where did all the years go??? Such pretty wool, I love the colours.
    Excellent goals, I have none as yet. Very exciting to be deciding what you want to do though. Poor plum tree!!
    How very exciting to come home:Yay!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Little whitter birds"? Like wren tits? Fly about in flocks of pairs, twittering to each other?
    Well, everyone loves my flowering maple, but wren tits are happy checking out the rose hips in my garden. Of course, they may need more food in the sleety north...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I enjoy getting comments but if I don't have your email address, I may not be able to reply 8-\

Popular posts from this blog

Your monthly blog post

Seattle Six

Competition time!