Heavens to Betsy, a finished object (or two)

G'day all!

I've had a frantic few weeks.  Okay, couple of months.

We've finally reached a detente on the crappy weather here - we're getting glorious summery weather interspersed with mank - pretty typical in June here really.

I've been busy making a quilt.  I didn't realise making a quilt could be a full time job and more but boy did I work on that quilt for weeks for many many hours a day.  However, until it reaches its recipient, you can't see the quilt.

Instead, I offer you a bit of knitting.  It's a cardigan, believe it or not.  I started off with a bold choice for me - burgundy and gold and white stripes.  And I hated it.  Not me.  Not colours I wear or have stuff to wear under it.  So I changed it, overdyed the gold yarn to make it green, changed the burgundy for blue and SURPRISE!  Colours I will wear happily.

This is not an FO

::Rolls eyes::

I've had some quilts done for ages.  I'm having a bit of a love/hate with the first one - I love the fabric, I think it is so pretty and lovely but I'm not so pleased with the fabric designer.  It's not a personal thing, mind, it's just something that made me somewhat more of a Tula fan.

I have fun with my free motion quilting.  I just do stuff as it happens.

When I'm doing the backing, I often like to have co-ordinating fabrics and also use up scraps and excess blocks from the front.  Sometimes I have to cheat.  I nearly always do pieced backings, though the most recent finish doesn't have anything from the front on the back.  This one does.

The back - this is a really badly centred shot, sorry!
The front is pretty.  Very simple, just pretty.  I was going to set this one free into the world but I sorta like it so I'm currently vacillating between gifting it and keeping it.

One day I'll stop relying on phone shots of the quilts for blogs.
That day has not yet come.
Then there's this thing.  I had some charm squares that I bought, thinking they would be pretty.  Nope, hideous.  Hideous the lot of them.  So I put them all together and made a two faced (or two backed) quilt.  Got rid of some of my favourite and least favourite Rowan fabrics too.

Front or back?
It's one of my more hideous creations but I'm owning it (though I haven't put a label on it!).  I am going to get this quilt free in the near future when I find a place to donate it too.  I think it is awful but someone out there will like it and think it is really cool.

Front or back?
I hope ;-)

I've got some other quilts done earlier in the year so I should share them.  Some of them need to find new homes too.   I've done a bucket-tonne of knitting too.  It occurs to me that I don't have beauty shots of the knitting.  Should get them.

Finally a few shots of happiness and joy in my garden.  Some Austin roses and hyoooge poppies like we are not allowed to have in Australia.  We can have Flanders/Corn poppies and Californian ones and Icelandic ones but we cannot have ones that look like opium poppies.  Woecakes!




And strawberry season has arrived!


anon!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Your monthly blog post

Competition time!

Not a good post to read