It's beginning to look a lot like...

G'day all!

We've had a lovely couple of days - yesterday was warm - 27! I nearly fried at lunchtime. It seems like I've already acclimatised to the cooler weather. I picked up some great ornamental pear leaves in the city - be-yoo-ti-ful reds. I'll go get some more tomorrow and maybe get some pics.

So it is not beginning to look a lot like Christmas, but certainly like autumn. The Easter Daisies are flowering (I think they are called Michelmas daisies in the northern hemisphere - some sort of aster anyway) and the chrysanthemums are starting to make their presence known in gardens - not flowering, they won't do that until the end of the month and will flower past our Mother's Day on the second Sunday in May - but they are budding up now.

There are trees starting to do this

(this is a green ornamental cherry plum by the looks of it that has put on her autumn dress - soon she will be a floozy and shiver naked all the way through winter)

But a lot of trees will be like this

cos they are gums (eucalypts, corymbias and angophoras) and only turn funny colours when they die.

Oh, yeah, knitting. Guess you want that sort of thing too.... Without further ado, here is the gradient sock with black stripes

I think the black really highlights the colours, but they are not really this lurid - the camera really cannot deal with magenta and brings it up a lot.

Time for a quiz and then I am to bed - work has worn me out. I got an urgent request today to help with some research. Talk about stupid research - someone had asked questions that *cannot* be answered unless you have a year or two to track down the information. I had three hours. HA! Anyway it interfered with my training I have to run tomorrow - I have not prepared for it adequately. And made me extremely grumpy cos I can't answer questions that someone has framed really really poorly. I hate not knowing or being able to find out answers.

You scored as Jane Bennet. As someone who would rather see the good in people, Jane is a true pacifist and caregiver. At times, her shy temperament and naive outlook of people can land her in a compliant position, but those who know her love her for her positive spirit and cheerful view of what surrounds her.

Jane Bennet

63%

Charlotte Lucas

59%

Emma Woodhouse

59%

Elizabeth Bennet

56%

Elinor Dashwood

53%

Marianne Dashwood

47%

Lady Catherine

19%

Which Jane Austen Character are You? (For Females) Long Quiz!!!
created with QuizFarm.com


I was mildly disappointed to be Jane Bennet but when I thought about some other options such as being her spouse, Prozac Boy (except he is on the boy quiz I presume), or MRS Bennet or even the old witch, Darcy's aunt, umm whatsherface, Lady Catherine, well let's just say that Jane is a much better option! And I have been tried and tested, don't you worry!

anon!

Comments

  1. Yessss!!!

    I am Elizabeth Bennett!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh dear, I haven't read any Jane Austen...

    Will I be shunned now?

    The sock looks very cool - I like the black!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so easy to forget that you are just now coming into fall and we're about to start spring! I know I'm certainly ready for the warmer weather and the brown to turn to green.

    I love the way your sock is turning out. Those colors are just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous5:21 pm

    I am Elinor Dashwood ( and almost Elizabeth Bennett!!) Love the stripy socks!! Very beautiful!!! Autumn is well and truly here as well. All the leaves are turning red and ornage and yellow - and the weather is cool and crisp early, then sunny during the day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I love the stripey goodness of those socks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was Elinor Dashwood but it wouldn't transfer to my blog for me.

    Luuuuuuuuuuuv the sock so far.

    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous4:13 pm

    Lizzy here ;o)

    I'm in Massachusetts and it's just getting warm here...weird to read about how you are just getting into Fall...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I enjoy getting comments but if I don't have your email address, I may not be able to reply 8-\

Popular posts from this blog

Your monthly blog post

Competition time!

Not a good post to read