Who can believe that it is 2016 already?
|Hooray, cast off the last FO for 2015 with 2 minutes to go!|
How did it get to be 2016? What happened to all the years previous? How did they flit away so quickly?
|Last sunset of 2015|
Welcome, 2016. I expect you'll be a pretty interesting year - if nothing else, I expect to reach a fairly momentous birthday. I also wonder how on earth that happened and how things can be 20 and 30 years ago and I was an adult (of sorts) then....
|Gorgeous yarn. So pretty.|
I have to say that 2015 ended beautifully - after a month where we had the second-highest rainfall ever and one of the most rainy months (aka days with measurable rain) ever, the last few days were superb. Frosts overnight and then gloriously sunny days.
|Last sunrise of 2015|
|Regrowth wilds at Fort Lawton/Discovery Park|
Many people start the New Year with resolutions, but I've found resolutions are made to be broken. Instead, I think a wish/want list is much more my style.
This year, I want to:
- figure out what the hell I'm good at and what I should be doing with my life
- go for a very long drive, probably to Yellowstone (please no forest fires this year, m'kay?)
- go home for my birthday - we've been away nearly four years exactly now and I miss my home and want to take many many pictures of it
- contribute something to society, something to volunteer at I guess, find some way to make a difference
- go for more walks and see more sights, like we only just discovered Fort Lawton. It is only a couple of miles away as the crow flies, but is a good 15 minutes by car and a solid 40 minute walk
- blog a bit more
- cut down the plum tree and replace it with either a shed or more fruit trees
- get rid of the hedges. I care not for them and they take up a huge amount of space, though the little whitter birds love them. Little whitter birds would love fruit trees too
- develop my photography further and get some pics onto places where they can be sold.
|A wonky view over Fort Lawton to the Olympics|
I need to organise myself a new passport and then do the visa stuff that will need to be done. I need to make a quilt each for two friends. There'll be a hundred, a thousand little things that need to be done but they can only be dealt with as they arise.
|One of the few decent sunsets in December|
Of course amongst this will be knitting and quilting and gardening and various other things.
|I really really like this star|
What are you planning to do this year? What do you need to do?
|An FO - Christmas socks for DH|